13 Environmental Benefits of Our Paper
- 100% tree- and pulp-free synthetic paper, which results in conservation of forests, water and natural resources.
- Contains 40% or more, mostly pre-consumer, waste.
- No ozone-threatening emissions result from Synthetic Paper’s manufacturing process.
- The manufacturing facility has been recognized for excellence in the handling and discharge of wastewater.
- Crafted of tree-free polypropylene pellets, 100% recyclable.
- Using the recommended methods the recycling of Synthetic Paper generates no sulfur, nitrogen or dioxin gases.
- Internal processes are continually reviewed at every level of the manufacturing company to maximize environmental stewardship and minimize our carbon footprint.
- Very little water is used in the creation, which results in the preservation of our Earth’s water resources.
- Durability and attributes yield products that have extremely long wear and stay out of the waste stream longer.
- Trim created during the manufacturing process is recycled and reintroduced in the production of other synthetic products.
- Free of toxins and heavy metals, another environmental benefit of using a pulp-free, tree-free synthetic paper.
- Polyesters can be incinerated safely (according to local regulations) and therefore are a potential source of energy
- As inert materials they can be buried in approved landfill facilities.
5 Environmental Benefits of Our Inks
- Do not contain any substance listed under the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, (Proposition 65).
- Inks or other supplies used do not contain substances that are listed on the United States federal list of hazardous air pollutants established under Section 112 of the Federal Clean Air Act. 42 U.S.C. §7412.
- Inks also meet the chemical requirements of the Nordic Swan 4.3 specification for printing companies (The Nordic Swan criteria includes requirements as to chemicals, emission to air and water, and waste treatment.).
- Complies with EC Regulation 1907/2006 (REACH). The products do not contain any substances on the candidate list for inclusion in Annex XIV of REACH above the threshold level of 0.1% by weight of the article.
- Does not contain lead, cadmium, mercury or hexavalent chromium in a combined concentration exceeding 100 parts per million by weight of the ink in a dry state.
Our Synthetic Paper is a recycle category 5 product.